Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Sights of Montreal

During my spring break this last sprint I took the train from Philadelphia to Montreal to visit a dear friend. I love Montreal. I can't help comparing it to other cities I know; most of those other cities don't hold up well.
































In Vermont, the train ride itself was quite nice. Of course I rationalized that I would get a lot done on the train. I ended up taking my computer out about 8 hours in, then using it for maybe and hour...





















Many of the houses in Le Plateau Mont-Royal, the mountain area where Viviane lives, have great spirit and fun staircases.



























Ad campaign (http://getyourbuttseen.ca) by Ogilvy of Montreal. Eye-catching and to the point.









































While grocery shopping with Viviane, I got really excited (some might say too much so) about the design of the generic brands at the store. Everything of this brand is bright yellow. These huge swaths of yellow look so amazing throughout the store- beans, toilet paper, aluminum foil. If only everything was done so tastefully.




















Some other eye-catching design in Chinatown.

No comments:

Post a Comment