Friday, September 17, 2010

Some Illustration...

Earlier this summer I did some freelance for a firm outside of Philadelphia. I was asked to design the kids activity page for a Johnson & Johnson quarterly employee newsletter. I was excited because I always loved those activity books when I was younger– things like connect the dots, coloring pages, matching, etc. I got to come up with the activity, create it, then design the page. I was also asked to make a new logo for the page. The whole project ended up being quite a bit of vector illustration which was different for me, but ended up being fun.




In the newsletter there was an article for parents about backyard safety. I decided to tie the kids page into that. I ended up with a fun backyard maze! It was kind of difficult to sketch out the maze, I ended up just kind of making it and adding as I went.




These were my four original ideas for the "kids corner" logo.





This is the final logo. My idea is that some of the objects could be switched by season for the different newsletters.

No comments:

Post a Comment